Entertainment.Gist.Fashion.Gossips.Science &Technology.Lifestyle.e.t.c

Thursday 8 October 2015

I'M UNWELCOMED AS A DESIGNER BECAUSE AM BLACK - KANYE WEST

Popular black rapper, Kanye West believes he is being treated in an unwelcome manner in the fashion industry just  because he is black.
                          In an interview with SHOWstudio In Camera on Tuesday, October 6, Kanye admitted he is prone to challenges in the fashion world but will never back down or relent  because he believes  that world is full of racism.
“I loved clothes before I knew f**** about the fashion world,” Kanye West told journalist Lou Stoppard during the discussion, which he was answering questions from fans, his peers and family members.


Regarding the critics he received for his receltly released Yeezy Season II clothing line, West said, “They saw the 350 [sneakers] and acted like they didn’t like them because they’re racist,” he said.
                                                “We sell shoes that people want to line up for because we put love in them. We put heart in them, we want to make Christmas presents. We make something people want so bad it hurts them if they can’t have it. It isn’t just a financial opportunity — of course you need finances — but it’s a form of discrimination and racism especially with blacks in fashion."
The black rapper said “it took me being Kanye West to get this far in fashion. I had to become a millionaire and invest in myself because no one else would have”
West emphasised on racism and classism as setbacks in his own journey toward the runway at several times throughout the conversation, adding, “if you could put racism inside the battery of your phone it would never stop working.” before adding that, “I refuse to back to back down.  You have to know you are somebody… you have to know that it’s possible. You have to see me keep winning against all odds, I’m gonna win until I die. I won’t lose, I can’t lose.
Some people see some of Kanye west designers as rags , there was a particular
sweat shirt that worth $2,750, in naira N605,000.
Checkout the cloth below :

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Pages

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog